BÀI LUYỆN TẬP VỀ CÂU ĐIỀU KIỆN (Exercises on conditional sentences)
Bài tập 1: Cho dạng đúng của động từ trong ngoặc.
- If we meet at 9:30, we (have) _________________plenty of time.
- If you (find) _________________ a skeleton in the cellar, don’t mention it to anyone.
- The zookeeper would have punished her with a fine if she ( feed) _________________ the animals..
- If you pass your examination, we (have) _________________a celebration.
- Lisa would find the milk if she (look) _________________ for it in the fridge.
- What (happen) _________________if I press this button?
- The door will be unlocked if you (press)_________________ the green button.
- I should have voted for her if I (have) _________________ a vote then.
- If you go to Paris, where you (stay) _________________?
- If you (swim) _________________ in this lake, you’ll shiver from cold.
- If someone offered to buy you one of those rings, which you (choose) _________________?
- The flight may be cancelled if the fog (get) _________________thick.
- If the milkman (come) _________________, tell him to leave two pints.
- I (call) _________________ the office if I were you.
- Someone (sit) _________________on your glasses if you leave them there.
- You would hear my explanation if you (not talk) _________________so much.
- What I (do) _________________if I hear the burglar alarm?
- If you (read) _________________the instructions carefully, you wouldn’t have answered the wrong question.
- If Mel (ask) _________________ her teacher, he’d have answered her questions.
- I would repair the roof myself if I (have) _________________a long ladder.
- Unless they turn that radio off, I (go) _________________mad.
- If you were made redundant, what you (do) _________________?
- We’ll have a long way to walk if we (run) _________________out of petrol here.
- If you shake that bottle of port, it (not be) _________________ fit to drink.
- If you spoke louder, your classmates (understand) _________________ you.
- I’ll probably get lost unless he (come) _________________with me.
- You (not have) _________________ so many accidents if you drove more slowly.
- If you (wear) _________________ a false beard, nobody would have recognized you.
- If she (leave) _________________ the fish here, the cat will eat it.
- You (have) _________________ no trouble at school if you had done your homework.
- Unless you (tell) __________________ the truth, I won‟t help you.
- You’ll get pneumonia if you (not change) _________________ your wet clothes.
- If I had known that you couldn’t eat octopus, I (not buy) _________________ it.
- If they (hang) _________________ that picture lower, people would be able to see it.
- She (be) _________________able to walk faster if she didn‟t have such high-heel shoes.
- I (bring) _________________ you some beer if I had known that you were thirsty.
- If you had touched that electric cable, you (be) _________________ electrocuted.
- If the story hadn’t been true, the newspaper (not print) _________________ it.
- I (not buy) _________________ things on the installment system if I were you.
- Dan (arrive) _________________ safe if he drove slowly.
Bài 2: Chọn đáp án đúng để điền vào chỗ trống
- If I __________the same problem you had as a child, I might not have succeeded in life as well as you have.
|A. have||B. would have||C. had had||D. should have|
|2. I __________you sooner had someone told me you were in the hospital.|
|A. would have visited||B. visited||C. had visited||D. visit|
|3. __________more help, I would call my neighbor.|
|A. needed||B. should I need||C. I have needed||D. I should need|
- __________then what I know yesterday, I would have saved myself a lot of time and trouble over the years.
- had I known B. did I know C. If I know D. If I would know
- Do you think there would be less conflict in the world if all people __________the same language?
- spoke B. speak C. had spoken D. will speak
- If you can give me one good reason for your acting like this, __________this incident again.
|A. I will never mention||B. I never mention|
|C. will I never mention||D. I don‟t mention|
|7. If I had known you were asleep, I __________so much noise when I came in.|
|A. didn‟t make||B. wouldn‟t have made|
|C. won‟t make||D. don‟t make|
|8. Unless you __________all of my questions, I can‟t do anything to help you.|
|A. answered||B. answer||C. would answer||D. are answering|
|9. Had you told me that this was going to happen, I __________it.|
|A. would have never believed||B. don‟t believe|
|C. hadn‟t believed||D. can‟t believe|
- If Jake __________to go on the trip, would you have gone?
- doesn‟t agree B. didn‟t agree C. hadn‟t agreed
- wouldn‟t agree
- J: “John went to the hospital alone”,
K: “If __________,I would have gone with him”.
- had he told me B. he had told me C. he has told me D. he would tell me
- If you __________, I would have brought my friends over to your house yesterday to watch T.V, but I didn‟t want to bother you.
- had studied B. studied C. hadn‟t studied D. didn‟t study
- Peter: “Did you need help with your Math last night?”.
Mary: “If I had needed, I __________you”.
- would call B. called C. would have called
- will call
- If someone __________ in to the store, smile and say, “May I help you?”
- comes B. came C. come D. should come
- “Here‟s my phone number”.
|“Thanks. I„ll give you a call if I __________some help tomorrow”|
|A. will need||B. need||C. would need||D. needed|
|16. If I didn‟t work for an accounting firm, I __________in a bank now.|
|A. work||B. will work||C. have worked||D. would work|
|17. The death rate would decrease if hygienic conditions __________improved.|
|A. was||B. is||C. were||D. had been|
18-The education in Japan __________if the basic principles of education had not been taken into consideration.
- would go down
- would have gone down
- went down
- had gone down
- If there __________, the rice fields could have been more productive. A. had been enough water B. were enough water C. would be enough water D. are enough water
- The patient will not recover unless he __________ an operation.
- had undergone B. would undergo C. undergoes
- was undergoing
- If she __________ him, she would be very happy.
- would meet B. will meet C. met
- should mee
22-If he __________ a thorough knowledge of English, he could have applied for this post.
|A. had had||B. had||C. has||D. has had|
|23. If I had enough money, I__________ abroad to improve my English.|
|A. will go||B. would go||C. went||D. should have go to|
|24.The bench would collapse if they __________on it.|
|A. stood||B. stand||C. standing||D. stands|
|25-If it __________convenient, let‟s go out for a drink tonight,|
|A. be||B. is||C. was||D. were|
|1. will have||2. find||3. had fed||4. will|
|5. looked||6. will happen||7. press||8. had had|
|9. will you stay||10. swim||11. would you choose||12. gets|
|13. comes||14. would call||15. will sit||16. don‟t talk|
|17. will you do||18. had read||19. had asked||20. had|
|21. will go||22. would you do||23. run||24. won‟t be|
|25. would have understand||26. comes||27. wouldn‟t have|
|28. had worn||29. leaves||30. would have had||31. Tell|
|32. don‟t change||33. wouldn‟t have bought||34. hung|
|35. would be||36. would have brought||37. would have been|
|38. wouldn‟t have printed||39. wouldn‟t buy||40. would drive|
|1. C||2. A||3. B||4. A||5. A|
|6. A||7. B||8. B||9. A||10. C|
|11. B||12. C||13. C||14. A||15. B|
|16. D||17. C||18. B||19. A||20. C|
|21. C||22. A||23. B||24. A||25. B|